Mobile app development is currently at its peak, with a lot of developers jumping on the bandwagon to cash in on this lucrative field. However, the major problem that developers face across streams, is the different programming languages and operating systems.
Depending on the operating system that is selected, the developer would then create the app using a corresponding language. At the end of this road, the developer or the company is left with is a copy of their app written in two or more different languages. This was the norm, until frameworks become an important part of development.
Creating a web app has never been easier with these amazing frameworks. So, if you are ready to bring your dream app to life, then here are 5 amazing and popular frameworks that you can use. If you want to learn all of these amazing frameworks, in theory and in practical, you can check out Eduonix’s upcoming Mobile Frameworks Course on Kickstarter.
Benefits of Cordova/Phone Gap: –
- Fast: The strong and robust back-end ensures that the apps created are super fast and do not have any lang.
- Cheap: Since, Cordova is open source, this means that you don’t have to pay any money to download and run the software.
- Cross-platform compatibility: PhoneGap is compatible with multiple operating systems including iOS, Android, Windows, etc.
- Native Hardware: It allows access to native hardware components, which means that the apps run with a native look and feel.
- Built-in Compiler: In addition to creating the apps, PhoneGap also comes with a built-in compiler, which takes the pain out of separate compiling.
- Collaboration: Similar to GitHub, PhoneGap now allows developers to share their coding and get help from other other developers.
The best part about Ionic is that it provides all the functionality that can be found in native mobile development SDKs, which means that when users build their apps on Ionic, they can access all the native functions of the device, including camera, contacts, etc. Additionally, by using Angular, Ionic provides custom components and methods for interacting with them.
Along with SDKs, Ionic also provides a powerful CLI, that not only creates a project with a simple command, but also allows developers to add Cordova plugins and addition packages that enable push notifications, generate app Icons and Splash screens, and build native binaries.
Benefits of Ionic/Ionic 2: –
- Free: Ionic is an open source project under MIT and has been designed by a worldwide community.
- Fully Cross-Platform: Ionic follows the write once, run anywhere philosophy, which means that apps written on Ionic can be run on multiple operating systems including iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry.
- Premier Native Plugins: Ionic offers over 120 native device features that can be used within your app.
- Performance: Ionic places a special focus on performance, by leveraging hardware and requires no additional third party JS applications.
- Native and web optimized: Emulates native app UI guidelines and uses native SDKs, combining the UI standards and device features of native apps together with the full power and flexibility of the open web.
Built on top of solid jQueyr and jQuery UI foundation, jQuery Mobile is a great framework to develop apps, mobile and web, to run seamlessly with unique user experience across mobiles, tablets and desktops. Rather than focus on providing the native look, jQuery focuses on performance.
Benefits of jQuery Mobile: –
- Cross-Platform and Cross-Device: With a focus on ‘write-less, do more’ mantra, jQuery is not only a great framework for creating apps on multiple operating systems, but also for multiple devices including smartphones, desktops, tablets, etc.
- ThemeRoller: jQuery is designed as a theming framework, which allows developers to create customized themes for their apps.
- Layout Grid: jQuery’s layout grids make it easy to create client’s product page, result page, and other custom pages.
4. React Native
React Native separates itself from the rest of the frameworks on the list by shifting its focus from creating hybrid apps to creating actual real native apps. React Native was designed on the heels of React, by Facebook and it stemmed from their Ads Manager app.
Benefits of React Native: –
- Parallelize Work: Facebook’s Async display kit allows rendering off the main thread, which results in super smooth animations.
- Declarative Style: The codes can now be written in a declarative format, which means the codes are now readable, flexible and not manipulative.
- Sophisticated Gesture Handling: Reactive Native allows access to native gesture functionality, so it results in better gestures on the app.
- Native Capabilities: Allows access to platform specific capabilities and components, including widgets.
- Faster Iterations: React Native allows Hot Reloading and Live Reloading, reducing feedback loop and also offers over-the-air code updates to your app.
- Cross-Platform: An app can be designed across multiple platforms, mainly iOS and Android.
Benefits of Meteor: –
- Real-time Applications: Real-time is built in Meteor’s core, which means developers get to produce real-time apps right out of the box.
These days building an app is no longer a long and tedious task that takes months of development and testing. Apps can be ready in as little as a few weeks and maybe days, if you are determined enough. Frameworks play a huge part in helping you build your apps in the easiest and the fastest manner, while allowing your apps to look and work like a professional one.
Today, there is no possible way for you to avoid using mobile frameworks and having these frameworks on hand are a great way to not only boost your knowledge and experience but also your paycheck.
Here’s a great way for you to master these amazing frameworks. Eduonix’s upcoming course will not only help you learn the theory behind each framework, but you will also get your hands on the actual development process by learning how to build 25 different apps from scratch. That’s not all, you get to keep all the apps and variations of the apps you build!
So, how can you get your hands on this course? Well, we still need your help to bring this course to life. All you need to is go to Eduonix’s Kickstarter Campaign Page and pledge your support. Your small support ensures that a lot of developers can learn how mobile development frameworks can change their careers.